Here at Osiris Paint Protection & Window Films, we understand that our customers want to do all they can to properly care for their vehicles. Applying a paint protection film is a great way to prevent scratches, dings, dents, and other surface damage, but proper care is still essential. Below, we’ll go over the basics of caring for your car after you’ve had a paint protection film applied by our skilled team.
- Wash your vehicle regularly. Keeping your vehicle free of surface grime is important no matter what, but regular washing after applying a paint protection film will keep both the film and your paint job in great shape. Be sure to use a nonabrasive sponge or cloth and a cleaning solution that has a neutral pH to help preserve the lifespan of your film.
- Avoid abrasive washing techniques. Mechanical car washes are convenient, but the abrasive brushes and high-powered water hoses can compromise the quality of your vehicle wrap. Opt for hand washing when possible, or use gentle, touchless car washes.
- Rinse and dry. After washing your vehicle, be sure you thoroughly rinse it to remove soap residue, and follow up by drying it off with a soft cloth.
- Skip the waxing. Paint protection film does not need wax or polish, and applying those products can leave an unattractive film or residue.
- Mind the gas cap. Gasoline or diesel fuel can damage your paint protection film, so be mindful of spills when you’re filling up your tank. Be sure to wipe away any drips with a soft, damp cloth as soon as possible.
- Address damage quickly. Paint protection film is not invulnerable, so if you notice any punctures, scratches, or other damage, be sure you bring your vehicle in as soon as possible so our team can assess the damage and make the necessary repairs.